On Sunday and/or Monday night I spend a couple of hours getting food prepared for the week. This includes breakfast, lunch and snacks so all I have to do is grab and go.
Ziplock baggies (that I rinse & re-use) filled with:
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) of Oatmeal, NOT instant
- 2 Tbsp (13 grams) of ground Flax Seed
Ziplock baggies filled with:
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) of a fresh or frozen fruit.
We prefer blueberries, strawberries or mixed berries.
Lunch options include:
I separate meat into 3 -4 oz portions
- Boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- Salmon fillets
- Tilapia fillets
- Turkey burgers (prepped by me)
- Bison burgers or meatballs (prepped by me)
Veggie Prep is Crucial to save on time. Wash and chop veggies to store for the week which saves a TON of time!
- Fresh asparagus cooked in 1-2 tsp on sunflower or olive oil
- Cucumber slices
- Fresh broccoli
- Peppers of all colors. Yellow, red, green and orange
- Fresh baby spinach
- Fresh cauliflower
Really….any veggie that you like/want! You can’t go wrong with ANY veggie! Don’t over prep…you don’t want them to go bad before they get used. This may take some experimenting but you’ll know what you go through in a week soon enough.
The veggies are great to have on hand! I am often hungry and grab my veggies to dip in hummus or throw in a quick wrap (Ezekiel tortilla wrap…blog to come soon). They are also great to have on hand when cooking dinners or making salads! They are already washed and cut up…ready to go! LOVE IT!!!