Walking intervals with strength training! Get your athletic shoes on, get outside and get to walking!
I know it's December! SO WHAT...Get out there...NO Excuses!!!
- Walk, jog or run around YOUR block one time at a speed you could do for a long period of time...a warm-up walk if you will. OR walk, jog or run for 3-5 minutes if you don't have a traditional block to go around.
- Once you get back to your house perform 10-15 push-ups. Full "military" style push-ups, modified push-ups (on your knees) or if that is too difficult find a sturdy wall, railing or bench and do standing push-ups. You can even do these at your car.
- Add 15 side lunges (each leg so 30 total).
- Walk, jog or run around the block again. Pick up your pace a bit! Get those arms moving!
- When you get back home go to your front porch, deck or garage step and perform 30 step ups with high knee raises.
- Add 20 triceps dips done on the step.
- Walk, jog or run around the block again. Pick up your pace a bit more! Get those arms pumping! You should be breathing fairly heavy now!
- Back at your house perform 20-30 walking lunges up and down your driveway or anywhere you can safely perform walking lunges.
- Add 20 arm circles forward, 20 reverse and 30 fast jumping jacks!
- Walk around the block again. Pick up your pace a bit more! Get those arms pumping! You should be breathing fairly heavy! Up your pace...challenge yourself for the last 30-60 seconds seconds!
REPEAT this circuit 2-3 times and you've got a GREAT full body workout complete with cardio!!!
It's going to be as easy or as hard or as long as you make it! And I don't want to hear that it's too cold or wet outside...Know your surroundings (Snow, ice, rain, fallen leaves or branches, unleashed pets coyotes and wild skunks ;-) and just plain be careful please! Enjoy the crisp fall/winter weather...don't worry...you'll warm up quickly I promise! Enjoy this workout and drop me a line to let me know how YOUR Fitness Friday went!
**As always...a consultation from your physician is recommended when contemplating or attempting ANY fitness regimen or workout! Ask your physician if this or any workout is right for YOU!!!
MAKE TODAY COUNT!!!