Looking for a healthy cookie for the holiday's? Try this recipe! They've been a big hit! I've made seven batches so far! Wow...this from a girl who DOES NOT like to bake :)
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 30 cookies
Units: US | Metric
Here is the BASE recipe. Add additional ingredients without worry. There is plenty of batter, so add away!
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpouse is good too)
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups
Add these optional ingrediants to the base batter for YOUR perfect cookie! Chopped Craisins (aka dried cranberries) dates, figs, raisins or currants! Chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts!
Protein powder would also be a great addition to the batter...I have not tried this YET but I think it would turn out great!**I made mine with Craisins and walnuts**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray (just for convenience :]).
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water thoroughly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix. Add any additional ingredients you've chosen.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.