Rice Noodles w/ Sesame-Ginger Flank Steak
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup (1/4-inch) slices red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 4 cups hot, cooked, whole wheat or rice noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Prep:Combine the first 8 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add half of steak; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove steak from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and steak. Add vinegar mixture, carrot, peas, bell pepper, and sprouts to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Return steak to pan. Add noodles; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.
Top with low sodium soy sauce and/or chili sauce for a little kick!
- When made with rice noodles.
- 369 (25% from fat)
- 10.4g (sat 3.7g,mono 4g,poly 1.4g)