Here are a couple of quick dishes you can whip up and serve over rice, pasta, quinoa or simply enjoy on their own!
- 10 oz Sliced beef or chicken
- 2 each, yellow and zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large head of fresh broccoli or small bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2-3T Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste...less is best!
- Other spice options include:
- Basil, oregano, rosemary.
- Chili powder, cumin and fresh cilantro.
- Ginger and sesame oil instead of olive oil, green onion
Sprinkle salt and pepper on to the sliced beef or chicken then saute in 1T OO. Once cooked through remove from pan and set aside.
Add 1-2T of OO to hot pan and add pressed garlic to the oil. Immediately add all the veggies and saute together on high or high/med heat. Don't cook too long, just until squash gets softer and the onions begin to brown. The broccoli should remain green in color and be firm, not mushy! Add the meat and heat all together! Make double for great go to food as well as grab and go lunch! Yummy!
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2-3/4 bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 can diced tomato (preferably low sodium)
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts
- Several sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1-2tsp OO
- Several turns of the McCormick Italian seasoning grinder
I was really hungry one night and just threw this together with what I had on hand.
I started by adding the frozen broccoli to a hot pan with maybe 1-2tsp of OO. I cooked that until it was thawed. I then added the diced tomato, Italian seasoning, artichoke hearts and sliced sun dried tomatoes. Let that get nice and warm and blend together. At the very end add the spinach to wilt. DO NOT OVERCOOK! We don't want the broccoli to be pale and mushy nor do we want the spinach to cook too much. This is SO easy and SO good! Serve over rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa or eat alone. I saved some to bring to work the following day!