I love corn tortilla's! I grew up on Mexican food. My dad would take us to the Mexican grocery stores when I was little and we'd stock up on corn tortillas, hot sauce, jalapeno's and avocados along with other goodies to make our own Mexican food at home.
I've been purchasing El Milagro for years now and they were the best tasting corn tortilla's that I knew of with the least filler/processed ingredients. If you hit the grocery store at just the right time you could find them still nice and warm from the factory! Mmmm....I love a good corn tortilla! I even make our own fried corn tortilla chips...MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than any store bought chip! Tostitos....BLECH...Get rid of it! I guess I'll have to post on how to make your own too?!?! Let me know!!!
So, in my quest for wholeness I found these sprouted corn tortillas which were along side my usual sprouted grain Ezekiel bread (freezer section at the grocery store...NOT shelf stable, thank goodness)! I purchased a package of them honestly thinking that, "This will take some getting used to!"
Just like switching from white to whole grain, omitting sugar from your diet and making better choices- sometimes it takes some palate adjustments.
However, these were different...in fact these are 100x's BETTER than any other corn tortilla out there! I will NEVER go back because these are truly the best!
We have made taco's for dinner and tonight I took some pics for ya! Tacos are a staple dinner here and the tortillas make these tacos to die for! Check it out....
- Ground Turkey cooked with chili powder, cumin, garlic and pepper
- Sharp cheddar cheese (not light, but light would be fine :) I know yellow cheese is a no-no in Mexican cuisine, but we have lots of it in my house right now :)
- Vidalia onion's, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Spring greens, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice
- Warm Sprouted Grain Corn Tortillas (You can fry your own crispy taco shells too...in Olive Oil...Want to know how??? Let me know ;)
- Beans on the side...I like my black beans but these were re-fried (No Fat, No Fillers!)
- I also add La Victoria Hot Taco Sauce...adds a nice hotness to any Mexican dish! Check it out!
Like I said...Please let me know if you want me to post on how to fry up your own healthy tortilla chips and shells for your next dinner, gathering or party!